Let’s get it started!
Helpdesk software - A Boon to every business
We all know customer service is the best way to get good retention. If you do not serve them well, then you are done! On top of that, managing it manually, responding with more Turnaround times, delegating with the least productivity, and closing the tickets too late are some of the major hurdles you must eradicate to grow your business.
As we all know, we hate waiting for something to happen! If that’s any ticket resolution, no doubt, the minimum time is what we want! A ticket will be generated when a query is encountered in the system. Customers can be redirected to the respective solution pages if it matches the words in the knowledge repository. If not, it will be routed to the service rep for quick action.
So, to describe it in a nutshell, helpdesk software will help you to:
- Streamline your customer service operations
- Get quick solutions to your customers with a short TAT
- Increase the customer retention rates with ease
Now that you know the significance of helpdesk software for your business, the next big thing is to understand the different types of systems available and how to utilize them.
Different Types of Helpdesk Software
- Cloud-based systems
- Hosted on a vendor server
- Monthly subscriptions
- No worries about maintenance or security
- You have to own the software
- Purchase and install it with a one-time fee
- Data security and maintenance are all yours
- Meant for big enterprises
- Huge feature list to manage large teams all over
- Very expensive
- Complete control is yours
- Access to source code to modify it, bug fixing, and more.
- Go for it only if you have a tech-savvy team and need to customize the existing system.
What should you consider before opting for a great ticketing system?
Do I have the best Customer Service Strategy handy?
Great customer service means a lot. It may differ from business to business depending upon the results. For some businesses, a great service may result in a 5-star rating. But that may not be the case for all. For some, it would be customer evangelists that are created – cross-selling, upselling, and more. For some others, it may also refer to the brand advocates created from your customer list.
So, every business treats it differently. Find the best criteria for you and have a proper strategy before opting for your business ticketing system.
What does your customer expect from the service?
This may also differ amongst businesses. Some customers may expect you to respond swiftly via live chat, while some may expect email support from you. Some expect you to redirect them to a forum or a knowledge repository that is self-explanatory for them to resolve the problem or the issue. Understand them better and then serve based on their preferences.
If you doubt how to understand this, you can run surveys among the customers and get their preferences.
What features should I need in the helpdesk platform?
It’s a million-dollar question.
- Issue tracking features allow you to track the queries encountered over time.
- A proper ticketing system so that every issue encountered is converted as a ticket and is delegated to the rep based on the workflow.
- The knowledge base or repository associated with it can be customized.
- Excellent Reporting and Analytic features for your data-driven decisions.
- Budget-friendly option and is scalable as well.
- Free Trial options may help you explore the system in real-time (with basic features for the time being).
Featuring Yorodesk - A Reliable Ticketing software for your business
Take a look at the amazing features of the ticketing system:
- Omni-channel support
- Automation of your customer service operations for better results
- Seamless integration with other platforms
- A completely personalized support platform